Saturday, 24 July 2010

Passing time

It's now late July so the anniversary of Hugh's death is looming large, in real time and in my thoughts. I don't yet know what we will do but it will inevitably be a painful time. In addition, we still have not had the inquest and are told that it could be another year before that happens. West Yorkshire is apparently very short of coroners and so have a very long waiting list but that doesn't make it any easier for those of us who are looking for 'closure' as the Americans say. I feel as if the inquest is hanging over us like the sword of Damacles, as it will surely stir up all the original pain and emotions again.
But tomorrow, we are going to see Paul again, so that will be a good day.

4 comments:

Monalisa said...

I read your blog about your son Hugh. It was so sad.

Your day was as normal as any other day, then to hear that news.

Then you said:

"And so the nightmare begins."

I can't begin to imagine how awful it is for you and your family.

How can we know when things are that bad...

Daphne said...

I think of you and your son often. I know that the anniversary will be hard for you. Nothing more to say really - except that I'm thinking of you.

Jennyta said...

Thanks for your comment, Monalisa. It is a good thing we can't see into the future but when these things happen, somehow we find the strength to cope, although it's a very up and down road.

Jennyta said...

Thanks for your kind words and thoughts, Daphne.