Sunday, 10 March 2013

The three amigos


In honour of Kathy's recent appointment as consultant in Care of the Elderly, Claire had this photo enlarged and printed on canvas for her. (She had to be reminded that the reason she wasn't in it was that she was only two at the time and so not yet at school!)
So this was Kathy and her two brothers, Hugh and James at the respective ages of seven, six and five and, yes, the jumpers were all knitted by me.
A poignant moment when Claire presented it to her yesterday at our meet-up with Paul and Nathan.
"Which one do you think is your dad?" Kathy asked him.
Without hesitation, he pointed to the boy on the right. "That one's Dad," he said.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The one on the right." How lovely... you must have felt so proud of both of them.
Lucy

Jennyta said...

Always, Lucy.

Katy Ginty said...

Hello Jenny it's Katy Johnson, Pauline's daughter from HR. hope you don't mind me commenting but I just want you to know that I have been thinking of you over the last couple of years, I've got some lovely memories of Hugh. Hope you are keeping as well as can be x x x

Jennyta said...

Hello Katy. Lovely to hear from you. I'm afraid I have only just found your comment but I really appreciate your taking the time to visit. It's nice to know that Hugh is still remembered by so many people that he came into contact with. Hope your family are all well and congratulations on your marriage.