Thursday, 18 July 2013

The school report



"Hey, just a quick message to keep you updated on the boys, Paul's report was exceptional, all exceeding the expected level for his age in all subjects, just a bit of a chatterbox (but we know that) and was congratulated on his fantastic homework throughout the year and his solo singing performance in assembly that made his head teacher cry.  And Nathan's  predicted straight A's across the board in his gcse's..... Both had a fantastic year :)"

This is the text message Claire got from Paul's mum last night and which she forwarded to me.
My first thought was relief that the behaviour problems which seemed to dog him last year, have apparently been resolved and have not prevented him from making progress.
My second thought was about how proud Hugh would be that he is doing so well.
My third?
Of course, my third was such regret that Hugh is not here to share it with us all.


No comments: